Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Graduating from Fellowship- the end of an era of medical training

In June we had the formal celebration of my graduation from fellowship. My co-fellow Tim actually graduated at the end of June- and I will finally have my last day of work on 8/23 (due to making up time for my maternity leave).  It is hard to believe that I am finally done with medical training. I have to take my boards in early October, and then will be starting a faculty Allergy position at U of M the following week. I am excited to be working part time so I can spend more quality time with Jackson!  Between now and then I am taking a few weeks off to study for my boards.

After 10 years of medical training (4 years of medical school, 4 years of medicine/pediatrics residency, and 2 years of allergy fellowship), this is finally it, and I am finally done. Such a strange feeling, but a great feeling.  



Here is a picture of me with my program directors from graduation. Excited they will be my colleagues soon! 


No comments: